- This event has passed.
Growing A Garden Series – Watering
January 30, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm EST
Virtual Event$12.00 – $97.00
This 7 part growing a garden series, will cover all of the information you need to build a garden from the ground up (with special emphasis on growing in Florida’s unique climate). You can purchase the classes a la cart for $12/class (garden planning workshop is $39) or as a package for $97 which will save you $2/class. Sign up for the package deal to save!
We will be covering 7 in-depth topics including:
- Jan 9 – Setting Up: The basics of what your garden will need as well as considerations for location, design, and soil amendments.
- Jan 16 – Garden Planning: Workshop style class with handouts. There will be time to actually design your spring garden, ask questions, and get feedback on your design.
- Jan 23 – Seed Starting: An essential tool for sustainable gardening. Why and how to start from seed as well as care and transplanting to the garden.
- Jan 30 – Watering: Not just how much or how frequently, we will discuss sources, applications, and how to conserve this precious resource.
- Feb 6 – Maintenance: From fertilizing to thinning we will cover all the little details to keep your garden growing the entire season.
- Feb 13 – Pest Management: Bad bugs, good bugs, and techniques to manage pest issues.
- Feb 20 – Composting: Sustainable, cost effective, organic way to reduce maintenance & increase yields. We will focus on hot composting but will cover other methods as well.
- Classes will be held every Saturday at 12pm (feel free to have lunch during class is you’d like) and will last approximately one hour (the garden planning workshop day will be 2.5 hours)
- The webinar will be hosted on Zoom – a free webinar platform that can be accessed by phone or computer.
- You will be able to attend the live online class so that you can ask questions and a post class recording of the entire class will also be emailed.
- If you are unable to make the scheduled time, you can email your questions to me after watching the emailed recording.
- If you sign up for the package and miss the first few classes, ALL of the recording will still be sent for you so that you will have access to the entire course.